|Posted by piapods on May 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM|
2. Clay or better polymer clay in a contrast color ( craft store: ex. Michaels)
3. Baroque mold (baking aisle of the grocery store / craft store. Ex: Martha Stewart Crafts Silicon Mold)
4. An exacto knife ( X-ACTO Z Series #1 Knife with Cap)
5. Oven or toaster oven
6. Sand paper (hardware store / craft store)
7. E-6000 glue (craft store)
Step 1: Knead the clay and place it into the mold firmly . Make sure to COMPLETLY fill the mold with the clay.
Step 2: You can take off the clay from the mold or leave it in and with an exacto knife, remove the excess clay.
Step 3: You can pull off the clay from the mold or leave it in and bake it for 30 mins at 230 degrees.
Step 4: Once your pieces are cooled-off, use a sand-paper to smooth the edges.
Step 5: Figure out how your going to places your pieces on the sunglasses.
Step 6: Put your pieces back into the oven on 'keep warm' for 1 min.
Step 7: Use the E-6000 or strong glue to stick your pieces on the glasses.
Step 8: Let it dry for less than 30 mins.
Step 9 (optional): Apply a clear nail polish top coat or just leave it matte.
For visual support, watch this tutorial by Chriselle Lim :
I still can't get over the fact that she RT my tweet!
Categories: Fashion & Beauty Blog